Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Now you see it, now you don't...

So, I got an e-mail last week from the VP at Robert F. Woodall Elem. in White House telling me that she would be in the office this Tues, Wed, and Thurs. For me to call on Tues. (today) and set up a time to come in that she would love to talk to me. Apparently, she called the board of Education and they recommended me to her. I have a good friend that was just hired there to teach 5th and she was told by another teacher that they had another 5th grade position open that had not been posted. So I am really excited about getting to meet with her because 5th grade is exactly the grade that I am wanting to teach. Well, I called this morning and talked to her for a little while, she seems really interested in what I have to say and we meet at 1:00 to talk further. The interview went great (better than I even expected). Once we finished talking about school stuff she says, "I had planned on you leaving here with me offering you a teaching position in 5th grade. I am more than impressed with you and what all we have talked about, BUT (don't you just love that word...) the "board" called me an hour ago and they filled the position with a transfer teacher." WHAT...ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so frustrated with "the board". The very people that recommended me for this job took it out from under me in a matter of days. I went from being on cloud 9, just knowing that I was going to get to come home and tell Tim those sweet words that he has been waiting for several years to hear, "Honey, I got a job!!" to feeling like I had been kicked in the gut. So now, back to the waiting game.
God, please grant me patience as I wait on your plan for me. Teach me, Lord, to wait with faith and expectancy, and may my trials be seen as times for growth in grace. Amen
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” —Galatians 6:9

3 comments:

Kristy said...

It'll happen your job just hasn't come along yet it's there and God will send it to you.

Love the skating pics by the way!

Amy Harrison said...

Well I don't even know what to say. I know it was good to have the feedback that you interviewed well and that she was very impressed with you. The right position is out there waiting for you. God has the right spot picked out for you.

Alison said...

Oh Stacey,

I am so sorry! That stinks. You gotta love the "board" sometimes.

I am praying for you girl! I know several schools that you could get on in Sumner Co. if you want to cross over.

Praying..
alie

Visitors