Saturday, July 26, 2008

Now what?

Well, we made it back home safe and sound. It really is good to be back home and we can't wait to sleep in our own bed tonight. I have been spending hours unpacking, getting the animals situated again and trying to get things back to normal (if there is such a thing). We had such a great time. I know there are a lot of people who don't care much for big family vacations but I absolutely love them. There were 10 of us, my mom and dad, my brother and his family and my family. We are so very blessed to have a close family that all get along. I already can't wait to go again next year.

Now begins the preparation for school. I am going to sign my contract on Monday at 9:30 then I will be going to the school to see my classroom. My mind is going crazy trying to figure out what to do next. There are so many things that need to be done but so many more things that I don't even know that need to be done. I guess this is all part of 1st year teacher jitters. I know there are a thousand questions that I want to ask, if only I knew what questions those were. Then a few minutes ago I realized that I haven't purchased the kids' school supplies yet and I haven't planned Carter's birthday party that is in less than 2 weeks. I can't decide if I should panic yet. I am really going to try and get a lot of these things done tomorrow (Sun) because I know I will be in total teacher mode after Monday.

Thanks so much to all of you who have prayed for me and listened to me whine about finding a job. I have learned so much about patience through this process and I have been given another wonderful example to share with others of how God always provides and how He is on His timetable not mine.

No comments:

Visitors